Pupil Premium and Sports Premium
The Pupil Premium Grant (PPG)
What is the Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium is an amount of money allocated to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to reach their potential. The government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the inequalities between children from disadvantaged backgrounds and others in the school. Three categories of pupils are eligible:
- Pupils recorded as ‘ever 6 FSM’ (pupils who are or have been eligible for FSM at any point during their 6 years of Primary school education)
- Looked after children and those children who have been adopted from care
- Children of Service personnel
Pupils who are eligible for the pupil premium need to be aged 4 and over, in year groups to year 11 in a maintained school. The proportion of children eligible at Oldfield Primary School is currently 22%.
Pupil Premium is allocated directly to our school and it is clearly identifiable within our budget. The government thinks that schools are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for individual pupils within their responsibility. However all schools will be held accountable for how they have used additional funding to support pupils from low-income families and in care.
Pupil Premium registration form
Click the link below to access the form
What is the PE and Sports Premium?
The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best of way using of the money. However, the government suggests that schools can use funding to:
- Hire specialist PE teachers
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- Provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- Run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Run sports activities with other schools
Click on the link below to view Oldfield's PE & Sport Premium Report for 2018-2019